Thursday, March 08, 2007

Wow. Haven't posted in a while. So I will today. What can I say, my head hurts I've completely followed up with all my cases at work, and I'm trying to figure out some quite difficult real estate legal cases but there's so much stuck in my head nothing is working.

We got yelled at this week on Monday!! By our boss!! Yay, how fun. Well my boss is actually one of my very good friends outside work too, so she warned me in advance before she yelled at everyone. And yes it actually hurt listening to it too, even though it really wasn't directed at me, but to like oh....90% of the others in the office. And for whatever reason, God knows why, I heard this yelling voice of my boss/friend and it really got to me. By meaning that I got super pissed. Like "Hulk MAD!!" smash through the walls rip cars in two pissed, minus the turning green and running around in my underpants.

To top it off the hallway, yeah it's a hallway, our conference room, where we meet is always freezing, and I mean sub-zero. So I was pissed and mad, and freezing. And so after the verbal smack down, I sat at my desk steaming but was so cold that I started feeling quite sick. I mean cold down to the bone, and I could not for anything warm up. So my nose started running, etc. The following day I was feeling really naff, all sick and upset. I turned into my one time dark former self for most of the day. So of course, me and my music had to make my dark mix to listen to repeatedly through out the day. You know those dark evil days when your feel bad physically and mentally. So here was the play list:

1. Angel - Massive Attack : Deep and evil beats, gotta love it.

2. Hey F$% You!! - The Beastie Boys

3. Forty-Six and 2 - Tool

4. Hooker with a Penis - Dark and evil, nothing personal meant here to my friend, its just gets the blood going.

5. And I'm Aching - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

6. So What'cha Want - The Beastie Boys

7. Rush (Spritiual Guidance Mix) - Depeche Mode Not a mean song but the remix is ultra dark and fit my mood.

8. Halo (Live) - Depeche Mode - Somehow this sounds darker live

9. Lethal Industry - DJ Tiesto - No words, just hard harsh beats

10. M.I.A. - Foo Fighters

11. Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters

12. All Alone - Gorillaz

13. Minority - Green Day

14. I'm an Adult Now - The Pursuit of Happiness

15. Reign of Tech2000 - The Beatnuts w/some Japanese Artist

16. Club Foot - Kasabian

17. My Friend of Misery - Metallica

18. Don't Tread on Me - Metallica

19. Anarchy in the U.K. - Sex Pistols

20. New Dawn Fades - New Order feat. Moby - Who'd of thought Moby could sound so punk like he does in this song.

21. Battle Without Honor of Humanity - Tomoyasu Hotei

22. Deuce - The Cardigans

23. Black - Sarah McLachlan

24. Dec 4 - Jay Z

25. Alive - Pearl Jam

26. It's a Dark Day - Rev. Horton Heat

27. Alpha Male - Royksopp

28. Bullet with Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins

29. I Know It's You - The Crystal Method

30. Mindfields - The Prodigy

31. Firestarter - The Prodigy

32. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - The Smiths

33. Prison Sex - Tool

34. Sober - Tool

35. Eruption - Van Halen


Anyways I was enjoying my bout of evilness, and then I get the instant message from my boss/friend.


"We need to talk"


Awww.....Crap. I think to myself.

"Alright but be warned that I'm plenty p.o.'d and feeling really sick right now" I reply. Yes I said that.

"I'm considered warned" the reply came.

This was of course three hours before we were to meet, which was after work when pretty much everyone left, I had to stay over.

But by the time the meeting came I was sick and had no evil left in me, the music took it all away. (Thanks music)

Thankfully it turned out ok. She noticed I was plenty pissed and wanted to tell me that she had no problems with me, it was for almost everyone else. She just wanted to make sure I was ok etc. I told her yeah, she's the boss, she's gotta do what she's gotta do. It all worked out. I even stayed an hour and a half late after work, we were just talking etc, about everything else than work. It actually was nice.

But I was still sick. Like dead sick by the time I left. I felt numb. I drove home. And she called.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I'm sick, I don't feel well"

"Oh no. What's wrong?"

"I dunno, but I feel like crap. I ran a fever and everything"

"Poor baby."

"As if."

"Do you have soup or anything, some meds."

"No I don't think so. I'm just going to get some sleep."

"You need to eat and take something."

"I know but I don't feel like it"

"*sigh* Well stay there I'm coming over to make you something, I'll pick you up some meds from the store."

"Uh....(pause) No it's ok, I'll be fine."

"As if, I'll be over in a bit." (click)

What the? I thought, no she's not really coming over. But she did. She made me chicken soup. From a can but still. And got me some herbal med stuff that suppost to take away your symptoms. All I know is that it tastes like sugar. I went to bed and she was there, she changed the sheets and eveything. I was telling her, "No really it's ok." But she did it anyways. Not that I really minded, it was nice being taken care of. I went to sleep, she was still there, for how long after I dunno, but when I woke up the next morning she wasn't there. But my clothes were washed and folded. And a note with some meds telling me to take them every eight hours. I felt much better when I woke up. Not 100% but enough to still go to work. And work was ok, not the best still but ok.

Everyone is scared to do anything, it's odd. Especially with how lax we are about everything in the office. But oh well, nothing lasts forever.

Speaking of nothing lasts forever, at work on the net I saw, Captain America died. I was like "What?!! No way!!" (Ok I read comics ok, by big bro got me hooked years ago. And I mean I read them I don't collect them.) Anyways, if you do read them you probably know about the whole Civil War debacle that went on in the Marvel books. (Which btw is a really interesting read, no seriously) So anyways, I'd thought I'd leave a little tribute here at the end.

Well I did but blogger keeps telling me it doesnt' accept any of the charaters I type.


No comments: