Saturday, April 12, 2008

When it rains it pours

Hello dearest bloggie people. Sorry for the lack of posts again. Life's gone turbo on this end here.

In the past week I've managed to..

A. Break one of my big toes.

B. Get sick..stupid allergies.

C. Have the service department of the car dealership destroy my car on accident.

So beginning with A. I woke up for work, took a shower etc, etc, etc. I was walking towards my dresser that's on my side of the bed. I did this in complete darkness as I didn't want to wake up MTG. I should have turned on a night light or something. I emerged from the bathroom after turning off the lights, and you know how when you turn off the light and step into complete darkness you can't see anything...yep it was like that. Being as I was all, "I remember the layout of the room like the back of my hand", I set out towards my dresser, blind as a bat. I should have at least snapped my fingers for some echo location. But no I was all Mr. Macho I don't need light. Needless to say I walked fast and totally ran into the bench/chest at the front of the bed. SNAP/CRUNCH!!! Me trying not to scream. I hobbled back to the bathroom, turned on the light and saw the damage. My big toe was facing in two different directions, with a giant gash in it squirting blood. SOB!!! It hurt like hell. Stupid as I was, instead of waking MTG up for help, I rolled up a towel, bit down on it grabbed my foot and toe and oh so painfully snapped it back into place. Then took a needle and thread and sewed up the gash and bandaged it up. Needless to say I am no doctor and this is turning out to be a bad idea. MTG woke up anyways from all the commotion of me in the bathroom and much to her protest I was all, "I'm fine" and went to work anyways. Needless to say it's not healing right and after much "I told you so," MTG has scheduled me a doctors appointment for Monday. D'oh!! I am not looking forward to it.

On to part B. This week, we had a storm front move in. Now if you've watched the news it would look like San Antonio was hammered by rain. We got NOTHING! What we got was all the dust and humidity, which kicked my allergies into high gear. Basically by Wednesday I had almost completely lost my voice. But being the odd freak of nature that I am when I get allergies or a cold, I don't get a runny nose. No, no, my sinuses stay blocked up in my head and I hear everything in echo mode. And now that I've partially got my voice back, I can't tell how loud I'm talking. So everyone is telling my that they can't hear me, since I'm trying not to yell. Or they're telling me I'm yelling. D'oh!!

On to part C. So last week I get this coupon from my car company telling me that they're doing free 100 point inspections. Huzzah!! Free!!! So I take it to the dealership, on this past Friday. (Yesterday) MTG drops me off at work which is down the street from the dealership. I figure, they do the quick inspection, do the oil change, and belts and stuff, no biggie, I'll probably have it back by lunch and can just have my friend from work drop me off. So they call me not long after the drop off, you need, yadda, yadda, yadda. I tell them okay fine do it. A few hours go by, and I get another call. The guy on the other end sounds scarred and hesitant. I finally ask him what's up. Long story short, while inspecting the car they managed to destroy the Catalytic Converter, which parts of it got sucked into the engine somehow. And what happens when chunks, of metal end up in your engine? It's not good. What happens when you turn the engine on when there are now chunks of metal in the engine. It basically blows up and catches on fire. Needless to say my jaw dropped at the news. Fortunately since it was their fault their basically giving me a new everything under the hood. And they damn well better. The worst thing is that I couldn't yell. I had no yelling voice yet. I was barley above a whisper. Double dammit!! I think the service guy thought I took the news well. I was needless to say pissed beyond belief. But they at least gave me a free rental. D'oh!!!

Needless to say I've been brooding over the past events. But it's good to vent sometimes. But there's always sunshine when it rains. I was stuck in traffic, today in highway construction, it was a gorgeous day so the windows where down. Out of no where the wind picks up and blows crap into the rental car. Ack!! Needless to say I quickly discarded it out the window. But one of the pieces of crap that blew in was a $50 bill. Hell yeah!!! And since it blew in on the highway, it's finders keepers. I must find a way to blow this money. Hmmm..the used record/CD store?

No comments: