Sunday, February 10, 2008

Stencil

Sorry for the lack of posts. I've just been overwhelmed lately. Slept horribly last night. Too much on my mind. And the fact that I probably screwed up major this morning. Though I was assured it wasn't even a big deal, in fact it was nothing but it meant a lot to me and I...wasn't present.

Regardless. I just felt like posting something. I must admit that I, dear readers am a sticker fiend, stencil fiend, street art fiend. I love art and pictures and well just about everything arty. From time to time I get the urge to vandalize. Mostly I create stickers or use a stencil and a spray can. I've plastered my work place with stickers, in the most inconspicuous places. You have to look for them but they're there. It took forever for someone to notice the banana sticker I placed in the elevator before someone took it down. I sighed a little that day. But when I say I vandalize, I don't mean stupid tagging that looks dumb and dirty. By all means no. I like to style my work after Banksy-ish art. If you were to see something from me on the side of a building it might look something similar to a Banksy work. Like:

Although I am no where near a good as above, I try my best. Placing stickers, on stop signs or lamppost, or doing a small stencil job on a wall where it more than likely won't be noticed. A while back a friend of mine owned a building near some railroad tracks. He used to let me use the back of it as my own personal canvas. I loved it as the street ran near the building by the tracks on a main thorough-fare, so my work was exposed to all. The last time I did some stenciling I collaborated with MTG. She had never done anything like this. But we designed a picture, made a gigantic stencil and set to work making a gigantic picture on the back of this building. We did it at night even though we had permission. So people would see something new while stuck in traffic on the way to work in the morning.

Sadly my friend sold the building and the new owner promptly painted over our work. The picture had been up for about 6 months now. MTG and I drove by today on our way out running errands.

MTG: The view isn't as pretty anymore.

Me: Stinks

MTG smiles slyly.

MTG: I'm feeling in the mood for a random art attack.

Me: Let's work up some plans.

No comments: