Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And the Award goes to....

After much debating, here are Mix Tape Girl and I picks for the "Arte y Pico" awards. Some are our own, some are joint picks.

1. Cup of Coffey: One of the first blogs I came across in the blogging world and to me one of the best. (Okay, amendment. Per MTG "to us one of the best") Beth's undying love for REM, her witty and funny writings, about music and life are all too good to pass up. Her Mix Tape Friday's are a tribute to her true love of music, and inspires others to think how a song can change your life or at least your day. As she isn't a DJ, she very well needs to be one. One of the sweetest gals out there, she's fun and loving and a great friend to have. (AD & MTG)

2. Restaurant Gal: I don't quite remember how I came across this gem of a site. Restaurant Gal has had me hooked since the first read. Her stories flow like poetry, and can pull at the strings of your heart. From thoughts about the restaurant business to personal reflections, this is a must read. And most importantly she answered my question to boot. Know I know to always tip even when picking up take out myself. (AD pick)

3. My Head Is A Box Filled With Nothing: Another joint favorite. Gizmorox provides sweetness and angst delivered up oh so greatly. We agree we love her quirks. She can deliver sarcasm towards work, gush over a cartoon bunny, leave you laughing or with a tear. Definately someone to have a drink with. Cheers to you Gizmo. (AD & MTG pick)

4. Coaster Punchman's World: Again I don't remember how I found out about this blog. It was probably during lunch while my cheeks were filled with Ramen Noodles. Anyways, CP is great. He and Poor George can make you smile anytime. Find out about Mama Gin, arrogant sales reps, lovely cats, what's cookin' (literally) with George and lest we forget, the Mary Tyler Moore Service. Which MTG has had the privilege of experiencing. (AD pick)

5. Culinary Concoctions by Peabody: Cooking with a personal twist. Peabody's love of cooking drew me in. What drew me in more is cooking for a picky eater. Much like AD, yes that's right he's a picky eater too. Little gold flakes of personal reflections along with receipes fill her wonderful blog. From childhood memories to cakes, I love this blog. Have a good read and try making something new, even if a Creme Brulee turns out like mine to be a chocolate omlete, there's no going wrong here. (MTG pick)

So here's your awards. Enjoy.

Sorry if we missed some of you. We'll have to do an honorary award cermiony for the others, where everybody gets a ribbon. Yay!!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Aww, thanks guys! I'm honored. Even though I can't read a single word on the Arte y Pico site.

Everyone I know is so sick of the bunny because I can't shut up about him. I heart him. Sometimes I wish I could do that to my boss. ;)

Restaurant Gal said...

Hey, really appreciate the award and, even more, the nice thoughts about my writing. Thank you!

Coaster Punchman said...

Aw shucks! I hope MTM brought unbounded blessings into your life.

Cup said...

How flattering! Thank you so much, my favorite kids.