Thursday, July 10, 2008

Help

I'm in quite the conundrum. I've 75 songs or a couple of albums to download on emusic.com before last months downloads reset in a couple of days. I don't have any idea what to download. Anyone have any ideas. Even AD is stumped right now, but he's forgiven due to the crappy week. Any ideas? I have till Sunday when they reset.

Let me know some of your favorites that might be found on emusic. Seriously I need recommendations or else I just might waste a download on the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull soundtrack. Yikes!!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I kept running into this issue, and I eventually gave up my eMusic subscription because it was getting too tough for me. And you guys know a lot of music, so everything I suggest you probably already have, but I'll throw out my faves that I got from there.

The National, The Cinematics, Zero 7, Stereophonics, Spoon, Ambulance LTD, Twilight Singers, TV on the Radio, Arizona, Headlights...well, start there. Good luck!

Cup said...

Gizmorox listed many I was going to suggest. Some other great eMusic artists:

The Baseball Project: Scott McCaughey (The Minus 5 + R.E.M.) and Steve Wynn (Dream Academy) with R.E.M.'s Peter Buck doing an album of songs about baseball. Sounds boring, but i's fantastic.

Speaking of The Minus 5, check out The Gun Album. Great, fun rock.

I think you two will enjoy Of Montreal, if you haven't listened to them yet. Another great Athens-based band is Neutral Milk Hotel.

Cup said...

Cat Power

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists

Great Lake Swimmers

Bitter:Sweet

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I don't have any suggestions, having been too easily frustrated by emusic.com. However, I do have good news: You and AD have been given an award at my place.