Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Coffey's Q&A

So Cup of Coffey asked me to interview her, and I did. But only to be fair, interviews should go both ways. So here in all it's glory is Cup of Coffey's questions for me. Cause after all, it's only fair.

1. You love mix tapes and girls who make them. What five songs would you put on a mix tape for me?

Oh wow. Hmmm... Ok so partially quoting from one of my favorite books High Fidelity let me start by saying, "The making of a great compilation tape...is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick it off with a killer to grab attention. Then you gotta take it up a notch, but then you don't want to blow it so you gotta cool it down a notch. There are a lot of rules." That being said the mix I would make for you from what I know of you would be.....

1. She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult - It's fast and fun

2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles - One of my favorite George Harrison songs. I just love the deepness of it.

3. Happy When It Rains - The Jesus and Mary Chain

4. Shiny Happy People - R.E.M. Might not be your favorite but I like it for the poppiness. Just a fun song.

5. At the River - Groove Armada To close out the tape, it's soft and sweet and just relaxing.

Of course I would have to record these songs straight off vinyl, for the best sound. Although I must admit when I probably read this again later I could think of much better songs.

2. Are you a born-and-bred Texan? If so do you have longhorns mounted to your car grill?

Yes I am a born and bred Texan. To tell the truth the only place I've ever seen longhorns mounted on a car is either on parade or on The Dukes of Hazard on Boss Hoggs car. However I will note that I was once in the F.F.A. and did learn to rustle up cattle and neuter calves, roping the whole nine yards. I also did dairy judging and such (if you've ever seen Napoleon Dynamite when he tastes the milk...yeah that was me sadly). Although that was for a brief year as this was one of the many (12 schools a different one every year) schools that I went to, again part of the life of a traveling gypsy. This one happened to be out in the sticks. But if you ever meet me you'd never know I could do these things. Again as for the car the only thing I have on it is a big Transformers Decepticon sticker that covers the hole in my bumper.

3. Do you enjoy working in the real-estate field?

Yes very much. I love it. Though I work it from a different end than most people are accustomed. I do more like the work of a researcher/detective/private investigator, all in an attempt to get my work done. It's challenging but I love it all the same. Despite the crazy things that our bosses promise to people. But that's another story.

4. What's your favorite curse-word?

Oh my. I try not to curse as much as possible. And I never curse in front of ladies. Never ever. But on occasion the phrase "Dirty mofo" does slip out. Usually when I almost get side swiped on the highway. I feel bad after I curse though.

5. How did you select the nom de blog "Artful Dodger"?

When I first went to Myspace. I had that moniker. I deleted that account cause I started getting weird cyber stalkers, both male and female. (Yikes, true story) But Artful Dodger came cause my dad loves the movie "Oliver". Of course my favorite character was the "Artful Dodger". Oh and the book is very good as well. I should also say that the Artful Dodger is also the name of one of my favorite DJ's as well. So I have a few friends that call me that as well, and sometimes on the rare occasions when I actually DJ a party I might go by Artful Dodger as well. But it just depends on the party.

Ok well I know my answers aren't that great but there you have it. So again kiddos, if anyone else wants to be interviewed or just want to interview me feel free to drop me a note or comment.

Want me to interview you?
• Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me!” If your e-mail address isn’t on your blog, e-mail me.
• I’ll send you five questions.
• You’ll answer all five questions on your blog.
• Include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

4 comments:

Cup said...

I'm not familiar with Groove Armada, so I'd love to get that mix tape/CD.

Isn't High Fidelity the best? Do you have Nick Hornby's Songbook?

*slaps forehead*

I meant to ask about your nomadic upbrining ...

Jenna said...

Oh goodness, what a gentleman, not swearing in front of ladies. Most ladies I know could outswear the guys.

And Groove Armada is great, Beth. That's a good sitting on your porch with a glass of wine song.

And hey, if the interviewing goes both ways, send me some questions! I'd love to answer yours. :)

Artful Dodger said...

I love Groove Armada. They have some really nice house beats, usually very smooth and relaxing. And sometimes quite dancy too. Believe it or not Beth I actually ordered Songbook this Monday from Barnes and Nobles, so I should hopefully be getting it soon. I'd make you the mix but don't know how'd I'd give it to you.

Gizmorox, I will send you some q's as soon as I have a chance.

Oh and I'll have to write some stories about my nomadic upbringing in some up coming posts. I just don't know where to start.

LaDawn said...

Groove Armada is the best.