Monday, July 30, 2007

Catching Up

Sorry for the lack of posts. I had been feeling rather naff for about the last week. Allergies etc. Just a bad past week in general.

Mon. I woke up last Monday feeling great. All energized and everything. I made it to work in record time, there was no traffic whatsoever to be had in the morning. The ski was nice no clouds in sight. It's been raining relentlessly for the past month here. The day at work actually went by fast. Like it was ending just as if felt like I was beginning. Mix Tape Girl was coming back from her trip to NYC too. A good day all around. So I thought. Just before leaving work the sky turned pitch black. I had promised my brother to meet him at Lowe's to go price a lawn mower. As I left work it started drizzling ever so slightly. Then it poured. Fortunately the Lowe's wasn't too far away so I got there in little time. However after we meet and I told him I'm not buying him a lawn mower there I went home. Oh I should say that they just bought a new house. He needed a lawn mower but all they had at Lowe's was mowers that were $150 on up. Needless to say I decided to visit a pawn shop to get him the same mower used for way less than $150. Back to my story. After leaving Lowe's I got caught up in the mother of all storms. Seeing as I live no where near where I work my usual 45 minute trip took me 3 and a half hours to get back home. It was a sign of things to come.
At Lowe's

Tues. I woke up..I felt kinda strange, though I woke up later than I would have liked. Hmmm..didn't think much of it. I went to work and started feeling worse. I couldn't keep much down so I kinda just sat at my desk doing what I could. I didn't leave cause there was no way I was driving being as I felt bad.

Weds. Same thing. A familiar tingle came to me. Something I hadn't felt since I got super sick and ended up having surgery to remove a couple of large grapefruit sized tumors in me. How do I explain how I felt? Well it's not like normal sickness. Actually you have far too much energy. It's like suddenly being on caffiene and steriods at the same time. It's just super crazy energy, like you can break through brick walls, but its almost uncontrolable. I went to work regardless doing my best not to fidget around too much. Though I did make an appointment to see a Doc after work, fearing a return of the tumors. They did tests and couldn't find anything wrong with me other than a few allergies and very escalated testoserone level. I've got a weird phsyiology, all the doctors I've ever seen have told me this. My heart beats half of what's normal and I breathe half of what normal people do per minute, though I take deep large breaths. So I'm told it balances out and for me that's normal. Oh and I kinda have a weird immune system too. It can either work ultra fast or get stuck and keep me down. I freaked the surgeon out that removed my tumors a while back. 15 minutes after they were done I got up got dressed and walked out of the recovery room by myself. They didn't even give me stitches cause I was already starting to close up. TMI I know. I'm just a freak, I must be part mutant or something.

Thurs. Felt a wee bit better. Worked again nothing crazy. I went and finally bought a PS2. I know I'm behind the times. I only bought it as there are two games I wanted to play. Tomb Raider Anniversary which is just a redo of the original. I like the puzzles in the game, it makes you think, and you get to shoot things. Oh and Star Wars Battlefront II, which my friend got me hooked on while I played him after his accident whilst visiting. I got the PS2 and the Tomb Raider game at Wal-Mart oh and new pillows. I needed new ones, my old ones were all flat and icky. I have new fluffly ones. Wonder of wonders they are. Anyways they didn't have the Star Wars game, so I stopped at Game Stop. I perused around. I used to spend much time in these stores browsing for deals when I was in grade school. Now I couldn't stand to be 10 minutes in there. I promptly found the Star Wars game and took it to the counter. The manger was working the counter and tried to make small talk with me.

Manager: Man it's going to be crazy today. We have a Pokemon Tournament playing in here later on.

Me: (looking around seeing only four displays) Where?

Manager: (Points to four displays) There. We have like 30 kids coming in here that signed up.

Me: That's a lotta kids. It's going to take courage.

Manager: Yeah there was this guy that came in here. He was about as old as me (him looking about 35ish) and wanted to sign up for the tournament too. I told him we were all full. He just wanted to pick on the kids.

Me: Yeah that's really creepy.

Manager: Oh...Star Wars Battlefront II. Have you played Star Wars Lego? My kids and I can't put that down.

Me: No, I'll have to check it out later. (taking my game and receipt) Good luck with the kids (I said as I left)

Fri. Felt much better. Not doing cartwheels mind you but much better. I had to meet my bro after work again. He didn't have money for gas cause he didn't get paid till next Tuesday. Agghhh!!! I spent $76 bucks to fill up his truck. Grrrrrrrr!!!! Lousy expensive gas. Needless to say I was a bit mad. Upon getting home to calm my nerves I made a new dance mix, which I shall have to post here soon. MTG had been busy working all week and I had been going to be early so we met up that night. Since not really talking much during the week, immediately cornered me and chewed off my ear for the better part of the night. I finally got home and went to sleep.

Sat. Woke up fell outta bed, dragged a comb across my head. Know where that's from? I'll give ya a cookie if you do. :P I got up early as I was going to help my bro move. We were supposed to start around 8 am. 9 am nothing, 10 am nothing, 11 am nothing. I called. They had just woken up. He hadn't even picked up the U-Hal yet. Grrrrr.... I ate cereal while waiting. Finally he called and said to come. I went over and they had only packed the big stuff, not the little stuff. Double Grrrrr!!! Needless to say by the time we actually started moving them it was after 2 pm. I had plans with MTG at 6 pm. Good thing I always take a change of clothes in my trunk. Quickly picking up the pace, we moved all the big stuff in the truck. Took odds and ends and finished up quickly. I showered and changed at their new house and left a little after 5:30 pm. I meet MTG and her sis and some friends and we went to a dinner at another friends house. I didn't notice at first but I was starting to suffer from heat exhaustion. It's actually not very hot here like in the low 90's cause of all the rain. But its so humid, like at 80% humidity. Being outside is like being in a sauna. I started feeling ultra hot driving there. My face felt all flushed and I started getting a terrible headache. Fortunately I had some Gatorade in a small lunch bag with ice that I drank. We got to the dinner ok. I planted myself on a sofa looking probably odd. MTG said you really couldn't notice but I felt it. MTG's sister sat with me the entire time, talking. I never actually spent that much time talking to her, so that was nice. MTG and one of her friends pretty much pampered me bringing me drinks, food etc. I think I drank about a gallon of water, a bunch of soda and half a bottle of wine. I cooled down enough to get up and do some socializing for a while. Needless to say I hit the bed, but when I did I was hot again. So........nah I won't even go there. But the A/C was cranked all the way that night.

Sunday was a do nothing day. Well not really. Bought a whole bunch of storage boxes and am tackling the great music/movie organization debacle. I have CD's and DVD's everywhere. How could I have so much stuff. Needless to say the place is a mess.

Till later ya'll. (Why did I say Ya'll? I hate saying "Ya'll". Ack!! that sounds so bumpkin)


Beth said...

TUMORS??? I'm assuming they were benign. Hope you're feeling better soon.

BTW #1: Brilliant use of "Woke up fell outta bed, dragged a comb across my head."

BTW #2: I love saying "y'all" ... but I'm a true Suth'na; rolls naturally off my drawling tongue.

Artful Dodger said...

Yes they were benign, thank goodness. Though they hurt like hell. I won't even say how much it hurt.

I say ya'll a lot too. I just try not to especially when I have to be all propery and correct during the work week. :(