Monday, April 16, 2007

What was the first recorded music you bought?
My first recorded music I bought was a a kiddie record I still have it. It had like Puff the Magic Dragon and stuff. It was a compilation of songs. My first official record was the soundtrack to the Beatles Yellow Submarine movie. The original soundtrack mind you with the music and the score music, not the re-released CD that came out a few years back.

What was the most recent?
The last CD I bought was Arcade Fire – Neon Bible, pretty good, not played so much yet. But seems to me they will be. I downloaded “Say It Right” by Nelly Furtado a couple of days ago, I love that song.

What was the first professional music show you ever went to?
My brother took me to see Depeche Mode when we lived in Austin when I was like 11. I had so much fun and have been hooked on Depeche Mode ever since.

The most recent show?
San Antonio Symphony – They played the source music to Warner Bros. cartoons. Like when Bugs Bunny did the Barber of Seville and stuff, they played the music and the cartoons showed on a big screen in the theater, it was awesome.

What's your desert island album?
Ohh…just one desert island? Nuts this is hard. Uhm….Paul Van Dyk : Global (Best of), my favorite mix of “Forbidden Fruit” is on it. ^_^

What's your favorite album/song title (not the actual album or song)?
“Professor Booty” – The Beastie Boys Why you ask? Cause with lyrics like “Cause life ain’t nothing but a good groove, a good mixed tape will put you in the right mood.”, that’s why.

What's your favorite album art (include an image of it if you can)?
I’m going to say Groove Armada – Goodbye Country Hello Nightclub. It’s simplistic but utterly cool at the same time.

What’s your ideal choice for a karaoke song?
I always have to do, no matter what at karaoke R.E.M.’s “It’s the end of the world as we know it” It’s fast and its fun and after a few beers, I don’t care if I don’t get all the words right.

You hate that song … but it won’t leave your head if you hear it.
That one that was played forever that goes “I don’t want to wait for our lives to be over, I want to know right now what will it be”. By some lady I forget who. I hated it then I hate it now and now it’s stuck in my head. Nuts.

Which is cooler — vinyl? CD? cassette? 8-track?
Vinyl!! Hello. I DJ, and yes I use CD and MP3 nowadays but nothing can ever beat vinyl. Synthesized scratching is nothing like the real deal.

1 comment:

Cup said...

Glad you self-tagged; excellent answers! I didn't know that about the San Antonio Symphony; I love their "Barber of Seville"!